INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
Thank you for your interest in Ampa Events. So that we may evaluate you effectively, please proceed with the following:
- Review Ampa’s website and completely familiarize yourself with our company, its products and services.
- Review the job description of interest below.
- Determine if you have the required experience first.
- Send a cover letter clearly indicating which position you are interested in and why?
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title you are applying for in the subject line of email.
Opportunities available in DC, Baltimore, Virginia, and Maryland. Ampa provides variety of event production services for corporate, non-profits, universities, worthy causes, gala, social, government and political clients. Our geographic coverages is primarily the mid-Atlantic states/east coast, and as a touring production company National meeting and Marketing Tours.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted; 75 lbs. with handcarts, etc. All positions at Ampa require some physical activity
- Able to work work: weekends and holidays and in all conditions – weather, indoors or out; travel and overnights are required
- Good general academic skills: math, english, spelling, typing and possess good computer skills – Mac preferred
- Take responsibility and initiative
- Good verbal skills, good people skills in person and via phone
- Well groomed and presentable for business meetings as well as site work
Although all of these skills are not required for employment, possessing as many as possible will facilitate your success with Ampa resulting in a more rewarding career and high job satisfaction.
Richmond-based event production company is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual with a theatrical skill set to work as part of a team to maintain and install décor, props, scenery, and stage lighting. Experience in the event and live production industry is desired but not required.
As part of a team of installers, the inventory/warehouse associate – event installer will:
- Load and unload equipment from trucks.
- Assemble and disassemble parts of inventory.
- Set up lighting, props, and stage sets.
- Move and rearrange furniture.
- Assemble, disassemble, and store stage sets.
- Return equipment to inventory.
- Maintain clear aisles in the warehouse.
- Adhere to safety standards at all times.
- Assist with all aspects of inventory count and maintenance .
- Enter inventory information into database with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Work as needed in the scene shop.
- Perform maintenance and upkeep of equipment, inventory, and décor.
- Touch up and repair equipment and inventory as needed.
- Keep warehouse clean and in order.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- A positive, hard-working attitude, eager to learn and grow with the company.
- Good organizational skills and detailed-oriented.
- Well developed problem solving skills and ability to think ahead.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and ability to improvise.
- Basic carpentry, maintenance, and repair skills.
- General lighting, wiring, and repair skills are a plus!
- Ability to perform maintenance on inventory.
- Good driving record and experience driving a small box truck and pulling utility trailers.
- Good customer service skills – comfortable and confident communicating with clients on site.
- Ability to safely push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- General computer skills – ability to learn software quickly.
- Flexible evening and weekend availability required in addition to the regular work week. Must be able to travel outside of Richmond with our installation team as needed for events. Some overnight travel required.
- Artistic skills (not required but are desirable) to include painting, sculpting, and faux finishes
Compensation based on experience, starting at $12.50/hour. This is a full-time year round position with opportunity for advancement and training. A full benefit package is offered including medical and a retirement savings plan. This position is available for immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $12.50 /hour
Are you a creative, confident, fun, and outgoing person? Are you passionate about serving clients and delivering exceptional customer service?
Ampa Events is a full service production and event planning company. We are looking for qualified candidates to join our sales team and promote our services in the Virginia, Washington DC, and Baltimore markets.
Successful candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must enjoy talking with people. The ability to be flexible and adapt to ever-changing client needs is required.
- Initiate contact with clients from a variety of industries and markets to promote Ampa Events
- production and event planning services.
- Develop creative solutions that meet client event planning needs and budgets.
- Research products and pricing as needed to complete client proposals.
- Assist creative team with event planning as needed.
- Facilitate, fabricate, order, and/or manage supplies and labor as needed to execute client events.
- Must be able to attend client events as needed to assist with design installation as appropriate.
- Evening and weekend availability for event attendance as needed is required.
- Outgoing, friendly personality with successful telephone communication skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible to meet client needs.
- A willingness to learn about the company and how to promote our services.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise internal and external communications. 5. Working knowledge of Mac OS.
- Strong computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
Send cover letter and resume in PDF format with ENTRY LEVEL SALES in the subject line of your email. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is an hourly-based pay position with commission eligibility for paid sales contracts. www.ampaevents.com
Are you creative, confident, fun, and outgoing? Are you passionate about serving clients and delivering exceptional customer service? If so, we want to talk to you! Ampa Events, a full-service event design and production company, is a direct source for unique inventory, equipment, technical, and design services. We provide exceptional service to our clients to help plan and produce galas, weddings, school events, corporate events, and so much more!
Job responsibilities include:
1. Generate creative ideas and themes for events to present/sell to potential clients.
2. Develop new business opportunities with a total solution approach to client event needs with our service team and inventory for support.
3. Work directly with clients to determine and finalize event orders including theme décor, scenery, lighting, production services, linens, china or other client needs.
4. Pursue networking opportunities – develop and maintain professional contacts in the event industry by participating and attending industry association events.
5. Draft proposals and contracts using a sales database system that includes a point and click inventory database.
6. Manage the installation of client events as needed. Evening and weekend availability is required.
7. Interact with operations and administrative staff to ensure quality service to clients.
1. Outgoing, friendly personality with 5+ years demonstrated successful sales experience
2. Have great relationships and experience with venues and organizations in the metro DC area
3. Active in event industry associations
4. Design, theatre, art, decorating, or other creative skills
5. Strong art sense, well-developed sense of creative conceptualization
6. Rendering, Photoshop and Illustrator skills; hand sketch abilities are a definite plus!
7. A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible to meet client needs
8. Proven communication and presentation skills
9. Working knowledge of Mac OS
10. Social media skills
11. Attention to detail
Send resume and cover letter in PDF format with SENIOR EVENT DESIGNER –
SALES in the subject line of your email to email@example.com We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about us online at www.ampaevents.com